About Me

I am a 51 year old woman who in the past few years have been through one thing after another. Even though I see God's hand in it all it has and continues to be a difficult road. I feel I cannot be the only person thinking and feeling the way that I do. Maybe not all of you and its not my intention to offend yet to help. So if you disagree then lets agree to disagree. This is the truth as it applies to my life and we could differ. This is my journey and I pray that in some way it may be helpful for you or someone you know. God Bless you all on your journey whatever it may be.

My Digital Kits/ Find them exclusively at www.scrappinggarden.com

Thursday, January 24, 2008

I am so excited and anxious!! I sent my elements in to be looked at and there was a problem with some of them. I used a template that was not cleaned up that well that I had bought at another site other than The Scrapping Garden. So I got several of my elements sent back to me to be fixed. I fixed them sent them back and am now waiting to see if everything is good now. I am so nervous and anxious. I feel like I just gave my big pitch for work and am now waiting to see if the clients will take it or not. I have been checking my email every five minutes just about. I know I am in sad shape.

Meanwhile I have been going through my layouts and re-saving them as jpegs. My DH is making a portfolio for me. He is a professional photographer(part-time) and is getting one done for him. Mostly to give to people who would like him shoot their wedding. Although he does many types of photography. I am partnered with him as offering a service to either paper scrap or digital scrap their wedding or other pictures they may have. He will do a slideshow for me and put it to music. I also am going to write a TOU so the copyrights will not be infringed upon. It will be pretty neat when he is finished with it. I have been helping him choose the music for it. We have been having a terrible time picking out one that will work for the first section. It has been difficult. It is a big production to upload music to this program. So we are trying to make due with what he already has on their. I still have several wedding layouts to do as examples of what I will be able to do for them. Of course now that I know how to design I will be doing custom kits for their pictures. Or at least be using my own products that I make. That way there will be no problem with copyright infringement.

A sad thing that has happened this week is my DH's best friend did pass away on Tuesday. I have been helping my DH with getting a portrait that he took of his friend blown up pretty large for his wife. It is a very sad situation. He got scerosis (sp) of the liver from being too overweight. Then because he was so overweight they couldnt do any surguries for him because the odds were to high he would die on the table. No doctors would touch him to do a transplant. Sad, very sad. My heart is breaking for his wife. This all was unnecessary if he would have taken the doctors advice and lost that weight. The funeral is on Saturday and they will cremate him at the beginning of the week.

This whole situation gives you so much to think about and so much to be grateful for. I am grateful for every day I have. Even with my fibromyalgia. Things could always be do much worse.

I guess that is all for today. Sorry to end on a downer. Here in WA it was a sunny day with the temp reaching 40 degrees today. At nite it has been dropping below zero. The bucket that we have been collecting rainwater in has 3 inches of ice in the top. The ground is frozen too. I guess I will need a new garden this spring! lol

Chow for now!

1 comment:

Robbi and Mike said...

Oh my What a week you are having. Hope you hear back soon, nothing worse than anticipation!
Sorry to hear about your husbands friend, and yes we should all be very greatful for every day!
It has been cold here too - mid 40 to low 50's and then +- 32 not near as cold as WA, burrr. We are hoping for snow but in the CA desert its a long-shot, we had it give us a dusting the first year we moved here and the last year a real lite dusting, it was gorgeous!
Id just be happy for a little rain....told dh I need to go and wash all the outside windows tomorrow and for sure it will rain:) May just do that...the neighbors think Im nuts anyway because as soon as it stops raining Im out there cleaning them...Never had nice new windows before, so would like to keep them that way lol.
Hope you have a great weekend, ours are all about the same around here, cant go down to town cuz the pass will be a mess if it gets the rain and snow they predict, so not worth goin and worrying if we can get back up here! So will work on stuff around here....oops here I go again.
Hugs
Robbi

Pictures of my Work